Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

This forum software

witek
Minted
Posted on Apr 25, '08 at 09:10 am

Question: what this forum software is based on? I think it’s customized but not built from scratch…

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 25, '08 at 12:23 pm

It’s 100% custom.

witek
Minted
Posted on Apr 25, '08 at 01:53 pm

Wow! I was going to write my own too… but there are so many ready to use… and there are so badly written. I can’t use SMF or PhpBB because I always must take a look into code… The best which I found and finally using is MyBB.

witek
Minted
Posted on Apr 25, '08 at 01:55 pm

BTW this forum doesn’t look good in Opera browser (which started to be popular in Europe).

Did you check out Vanilla? It’s got a very simple/no frills feel to it much like the forums here.

I don’t work with forums very often, just my $0.02

witek
Minted
Posted on May 11, '08 at 07:18 am

Yes, Vanilla looks good but I like to be able to understand source code and it’s very (too) complicated.

Helmi
Minted
Posted on May 13, '08 at 01:46 am

@Shaun: How about adding some subcription functions to be notified when someone posts to a topic you posted to? This could be very handy as i’m normally not visiting this forums so often and sometimes forget that i asked some questions or something.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account