Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Feedback 0.1 for Mint 1.2x and Mint 2.0

uFx
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 02:14 am

DESCRIPTION

Feedback for Mint 1.2/2.0 is a Pepper which tracks your (RSS/Atom) feeds. By using a seperate ‘tracker’ you can see how many hits, subscribers and views your feed has. The tracker will not redirect your feed and you can also select that the tracker does not change your feed in any way (however, in that situation you can’t track clicks).

Mod_rewrite is needed on your host for Feedback.

FEATURES

• Tracking views and clicks of multiple feeds;
  • Daily and monthly statistics;
  • Overview of subscribers including aggregators;
  • If the no. of subscribers are shown in the reader-agent Feedback counts this;
  • List of popular feed-items;
  • Easy installation;
  • Tiny graph-statistics (Sparks).

CHANGELOG - 0.1 - 20070131

• Mint 2.0 compatible;
  • Added the option to use hostip.info to add a country and a city to an IP address (if available). This slows down the subscribers tab a bit and if you don’t like it you can disable it in the preferences;
  • If the tracker.php file cannot find your mint installations, you can define it yourself in tracker.php;
  • The monthly and daily stats are split up in two different tabs;
  • If the reader shows the number of subscribers (eg: ‘subscribers: 5’) Feedback will add this number to the total number of subscribers;
  • New tab: Sparks. Shows tiny graphs of the last 14 days and past 12 months. In the preferences you can set the type of sparks you would like to see;
  • Longer day and month names;
  • Changed the rewrite code so multiple feeds are possible. If you know a better way to rewrite this, let me know :)
  • Again a few new aggregator icons;
  • Some small bugfixes.

MORE INFO

Check http://mint.ufx.nl/?p=feedback

DOWNLOAD

You can download Feedback 0.1 at: http://mint.ufx.nl/feedback-0.1.zip

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 05:50 pm

great job, ufx.

for some reason, this version is much slow to load than the previous mint 1 version for the subscriber pane.

is there anything i can do to speed up the loading for this particular pane?

Lolajl
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 07:00 pm

I installed this but the panel is not displaying … ???

uFx
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 01:16 am

JCFP: this is right, if you have the hostip.info lookup enabled the subscribers tab is slower. You can disable the lookup in the preferences and the subscribers tab should be at normal speed again.

Lolajl: Try reinstalling the pepper?

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 03:17 am

uFx: actually i had the ‘use hostip.info’ option unchecked already, and it is still slower than previously. often, i had to have the pepper display another pane whenever i refresh mint, after which i will then click on the subscriber pane to reload your pepper; otherwise the whole mint reload will take a long time. i have set the number of subscribers to show to 25. is this too much?

uFx
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 05:37 am

Hmm. I personally have 10 subscribers listed and with 2000 hits a day on my feed the subscribers tab takes 2 to 5 seconds to load.

Do you use the pepper Nametags?

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 06:21 am

uFx, my subscriber takes about 8-10 sec to load, perhaps because i am listing 25 subscribers. that may explain it then.

ps: no i don’t use nametags, but will let you know if i do and post my feedback

pps: great work, uFx; i find your pepper to be one of the best available.

uFx
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 07:15 am

Feedback executes quite a few queries when you open the subscribers tab so it could be a bit slow.

I hope to optimalize the queries for this tab some day.

Thanks for your positive comment :)

Lolajl
Minted
Posted on Feb 01, '07 at 09:40 am

Reinstalled and the panels still don’t show up (neither does it show up in Panel Order). I can, however, get to Prefs for Feedback. Here are the error messages I see when I turn on debugging (user_directory and domain have been anonymized):

Warning: Missing argument 1 for gethtml_ufx_aliases() in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 278

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/nametags/class.php on line 295

Notice: Use of undefined constant uFx_onlyclicks - assumed ‘uFx_onlyclicks’ in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 684

Notice: Use of undefined constant uFx_tracknoclicks - assumed ‘uFx_tracknoclicks’ in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 687

Notice: Undefined index: uFx_tracknoclicks in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 687

Notice: Use of undefined constant uFx_FB_debug - assumed ‘uFx_FB_debug’ in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 690

Notice: Use of undefined constant uFx_FB_hostinfo - assumed ‘uFx_FB_hostinfo’ in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 693

Notice: Use of undefined constant uFx_sparkstype - assumed ‘uFx_sparkstype’ in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 696

Notice: Undefined variable: onlyclicks_checked in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 715

Notice: Undefined variable: lines_select in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 725

Notice: Undefined variable: hostinfo_checked in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 730

Notice: Undefined variable: debug_checked in /home/user_directory/domain/mint/pepper/hansvankilsdonk/feedback/class.php on line 734

uFx
Posted on Feb 04, '07 at 05:33 am

Hmm I have no clue why it’s not working on your Mint install :)

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Feb 06, '07 at 10:50 am

uFx,

just letting you that recently i have been running some benchmarks on the pepper, the Feedback pepper is taking quite a lot of resources, despite having use hostip.info’ option unchecked already. here is a typical run:

5.8400 display(Feedback : Feedback : Daily) 4.1900 query(“SELECT feed_name, MIN(d...") 0.4100 query("SELECT COUNT(id) as aant...") 0.0000 query("SELECT ip_long FROMmin…”) 0.1800 query(“SELECT COUNT(id) as aant…”) etc.

just thought you may want to know this while working on your next version.

once again, great pepper!

uFx
Posted on Feb 06, '07 at 12:42 pm

JCFP: Thanks for the information! I’m trying to optimalize the queries ASAP.

Suggestions are welcome :)

janl
Minted
Posted on Feb 08, '07 at 02:45 pm

uFx, I haven’t installed yet, but from a quick glance at the code you might miss MySQL indexes for the columns you use in JOINS or ORDER BY clauses. Indexes make things a-lot faster since not all data has to be considered when performing such an action but only a highly optimized fraction.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account