Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

A nice compliment to SERPs Pepper by Scott Holdren

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Apr 25, '08 at 02:53 pm

I want to pay a nice compliment to Scott Holdren for creating the SERPs Pepper. It is a great pepper and gives some unique stats that other peppers do not offer.

Scott, if you happen to read this message, I like to put in a few requests for your consderation.

1) insert a time tab show the stats can be shown for 12h, 24h, 48h, 72h, 1wk, 4wk, and all time, so a choice can be made to see different SERPs referral stats over different time period.

2) a sort option for the newest SERPs being recorded instead of sorting by hits only.

once again, great job, Scott!

Scott Holdren
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 28, '08 at 10:14 am

Those are both great suggestions - thanks for the feedback. I will try and add these in the next release, which should be available in the next week or two.

JCFP
Minted
Posted on Apr 28, '08 at 03:24 pm

Excellent, Scott. Looking forward to it.

monger
Minted
Posted on Apr 30, '08 at 02:53 pm

hi, i got the following error upon installation:

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘signed NOT NULL default ‘-1’, ADD INDEX (serps_page), ADD serps_paid INT(1) ’ at line 1. (1064) Query: ALTER TABLE mint_visit ADD serps_page INT(4) signed NOT NULL default ‘-1’, ADD INDEX (serps_page), ADD serps_paid INT(1) signed NOT NULL default ‘-1’, ADD INDEX (serps_paid), ADD serps_engine VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL

JCFP
Minted
Posted on May 01, '08 at 09:30 am

Scott,

Excellent job with 1.02. love it.

please consider a tab for major different search engines to show only SERPs for that particular engine (Google, Yahoo, Live/MSN, etc.)?

Scott Holdren
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on May 01, '08 at 06:41 pm

monger - I’m submitting v1.03 which removed the “signed” attribute from the new columns. This was fixed in 1.01, but I broke it again in 1.02. If you edit the class.php file, line 39 and 40, just remove the work “SIGNED” and it should work fine. I believe it’s just older versions of MySQL that have trouble with that.

v1.03 should be available in the next few days if you want to wait for the official release.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on May 01, '08 at 06:53 pm

hey scott! thanks, i love this pepper. as an seo guy, i love that this tool can track some of our paid campaigns. great work. have you ever considered adding a tool that would display a pie chart showing the percentage of referrals from ask, google, msn live, yahoo! and others? thanks again.

zigz
Minted
Posted on May 14, '08 at 04:05 am

Thank you so much for this, I just installed it. This is one area I really missed in stats (search tracking).

I sent a message to Scott at his website’s contact form since it appears he hasn’t been reading the forum. This pepper is better than anything Google Analytics has to offer, although I can’t say anything about the other analytics packages because I’ve never used them.

Great work Scott, one minor issue: quotation marks are converted in a wrong way (& quot;TERMS HERE& quot;) when hitting it in the SERPs column.

VPI
Minted
Posted on Nov 29, '11 at 12:03 pm

Scott,

Very awesome plugin.

Quick question how does it work.. is the ranking information part of the URL when it comes in or does the server check the ranking after it receives the traffic. Basically what I’m asking is with a high volume site is there any danger of creating a red flag by automatically querying the search engine for ranking positions.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account