Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Vista Mint (Gadget for Windows Sidebar)

Chris Boulton
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 02, '07 at 09:18 am

I began creating this a short while before discovering the requests for it here in another topic.

This is a gadget for the Windows Sidebar which will show you your Mint statistics similarly to how the Junior Mint OS X widget displays them.

Behaviour is similar too, click on the statistics to change the date period - since the beginning, today or the last hour. You can also change the refresh rate in the configuration screen.

You can either have the gadget docked to the sidebar: Screenshot

Or floating on the desktop: Screenshot

Download

Updated 3 February 2007

To install, simply double click on the “VistaMint.gadget” file and Windows Sidebar will install it.

To configure, click the little spanner icon in the top right corner of the gadget as if you were configuring any other gadget.

Gadget Home Page: http://surfionline.com/development/vista-mint-gadget

Shaun - I used the PNG files from your Junior Mint widget. I’ve placed a credit for that in both the Javascript source and the gadget description. If it’s not acceptable, please let me know.

Nice work! Thank you for saving me the bother of writing this myself!

It seems the “Update Available” message isn’t displayed correctly :( - something wrong with the png I guess. Except for that, it’s beautiful. Thank you.

Chris Boulton
Posted on Feb 02, '07 at 05:35 pm

I haven’t actually added that functionality in yet.

Initially I was only going to write the gadget for the sidebar (and not so it undocks differently) and couldn’t find a place to put it.

I’ll add it in to the undocked one but adding it to the docked version clutters it up a bit too much.. unless you have any other ideas on how to place it?

Chris Boulton
Posted on Feb 03, '07 at 01:51 am

I’ve updated the gadget to fix some smallish bugs as well as added the “Updates Available” text in to the undocked version.

If anyone has any placement ideas for it in the docked version of the gadget, let me know.

Same download location as before: surfionline.com/gadgets/VistaMint.gadget

OK. Now for us XP people using Google Desktop, not the Windows Desktop…

Anyone wanna create the same for that?!?!?!?

This is great! Thanks!

tbowman
Minted
Posted on Feb 05, '07 at 04:08 pm

any way we can configure it to show daily visitors vs historical?

it would be nice to be able to check a box in the config to choose the behavior..

Humm, can I code a version of it for other sidebar programmes.

Chris Boulton
Posted on Feb 06, '07 at 06:34 am

any way we can configure it to show daily visitors vs historical?

Click on the statistics and they’ll cycle through the list similar to Junior Mint.

It can show the following statistics:

• Total
  • Daily
  • Hourly

Humm, can I code a version of it for other sidebar programmes.

I don’t have a problem with you being inspired by my Javascript as long as you credit me appropriately, and the images are Shaun’s work - but he doesn’t seem to have a problem with this.

Eay
Minted
Posted on Feb 06, '07 at 06:30 pm

Nice, but is there a Mint widget for the Konfabulator? Oops, of course it’s the Yahoo Widget Engine…

Absturz
Minted
Posted on Feb 10, '07 at 08:18 am

Thanks Chris! works great

RiffD
Minted
Posted on Mar 19, '07 at 03:48 am

I’ll chime in with another vote for a Google Gadget. Not sure this is the place to request it, but since someone else mentioned it in the thread….

steve
Posted on Oct 11, '08 at 03:25 am

Just started a new thread for a widget I created for Google Desktop. Take a look: Mint for Google Desktop

l4d-org
Mint-less
Posted on Mar 28, '09 at 08:19 pm

FYI, it doesn’t work in windows 7, latest version, 1.2.2.

It just shows the windows handle and a tiny square of green colour.

SaLiVeR
Minted
Posted on Aug 19, '09 at 07:17 pm

perfect ! thx :) works it vista ultimate

J-P Teti
Posted on Aug 20, '09 at 10:12 am

It works in the Windows 7 Release Canidate. @lrd-org, you aren’t licensed, how would you know? If you have a pirated copy, then there’s a good chance it works but has been tampered with.

Sam Parkinson
Posted on Sep 28, '09 at 10:34 am

Using it on Win7 RC, works a treat and looks great.

Thanks so much, always envied the apple users for their dashboard thing :P.

indtg
Minted
Posted on May 14, '10 at 09:51 pm

Can you change Vista Mint so the Mint Location is allowed to be an HTTPS URL. The app automatically adds http:// and I would prefer to access mint using our HTTPS URL.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account