Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Download Counter Pepper 1.3 Problems

Vonster
Minted
Posted on Sep 30, '07 at 05:00 pm

This is now the second pepper I’ve tried to track downloads on my site and this one is causing problems now too. I’ve had a bunch of emails from people saying all the same thing. That they are getting errors when trying to download the content from the site.

I have Mint installed on illustrationclass.com using wordpress.

Here is the error people are getting. I had to uninstall it because this simply doesn’t work that well. I wish someone would make a reliable pepper for tracking downloads everything so far has been hinky at best.

Hopefully the below might lead to a working pepper that doesn’t cause errors?

Error messages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.curtains/vonster/illustrationclass.com/mint/pepper/orderedlist/downloads/class.php:104) in /home/.curtains/vonster/illustrationclass.com/mint/pepper/orderedlist/downloads/download.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.curtains/vonster/illustrationclass.com/mint/pepper/orderedlist/downloads/class.php:104) in /home/.curtains/vonster/illustrationclass.com/mint/pepper/orderedlist/downloads/download.php on line 33

R.BIRD
Minted
Posted on Oct 24, '07 at 03:17 pm

I confirm the same error. I’ve been using Download Counter for a long time with no problems, until just recently. The new trouble may have coincided with a Mint update or relocation of the site to a new server host, but I have no clear date on when the trouble started. So, nothing more to go on.

orderedlist
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Oct 25, '07 at 10:06 am

I just submitted an update to the Peppermill which should hopefully be approved soon that will fix this issue.

fambi
Minted
Posted on Oct 30, '08 at 02:50 am

Sorry to re-open this ancient thread, but i couldn’t see any way of getting in touch with orederedlist.

Can you please explain how the logic of this pepper works? What I mean to say is, how is javascript being used to overcome counting bot downloads and what happens if a person doesn’t have javascript enabled?

Thanks

fambi
Minted
Posted on Oct 30, '08 at 03:03 am

Its okay… i managed to find the post on your website which explains that it only tracks downloads linked to from within the site.

Thanks anyhow.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account