Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Weird Birdfeeder Setup with WP 2.3.x

Helmi
Minted
Posted on Jan 15, '08 at 03:51 am

Hi there,

i totally love mint (for a day now though g) and i’d like to install Birdfeeder on my WP Blog.

I’m kinda confused about the readme regarding WP as wp2.3 seems to have all the code in feed*.php files within wp-includes directory.

Do i still have to add the code to the wp-atom.php and stuff in the root? How about the feed name?

<?php
define('BIRDFEED', 'Feed Name');
include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/feeder/index.php');
// WordPress users uncomment the following line
// $wpdb->select(DB_NAME);
?>

Where does the rest of the code have to go?

<?php $BirdFeeder->seed(get_the_title_rss(), get_permalink()); ?>

I read somewhere else in the forum that this code differs depending on the Feed format?

Can we probably hack together some new readme for the new WP version? Things seem to have kinda changed somehow.

Thanks for helping!

SDJL
Minted
Posted on Jan 15, '08 at 04:51 am

It’s probably easier to just use the WordPress plugin available for birdfeeder.

David

Helmi
Minted
Posted on Jan 15, '08 at 05:42 am

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately the plugin also doesn’t seem to work. The feed contains an error after activating it:

<![CDATA[You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET feed_views = feed_views + 1
            , total = total + 0
            WHERE post_id IN (83' at line 2 on line: 453

anyone with an idea?

mitchoyoshitaka
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 24, '08 at 12:43 pm

Helmi, I think this is the same issue that I’ve had: BirdFeederWP. I hope we get an answer…

Benjamin Stein
Posted on Feb 24, '08 at 07:18 pm

Hi, I have checked the code of BirdFeederWP. The erroneous line is not from my plugin.

Before activating BirdFeederWP please make sure that BirdFeeder (the Mint part) is installed correctly. Also check the configuration options of the BirdFeederWP plugin.

I also use WP 2.3.2. There shouldn’t be a problem. Maybe Shaun has a hint how to check the successful installation of BirdFeeder before using the WordPress plugin.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 25, '08 at 10:18 am

Bird Feeder is installed correctly in Mint if the Bird Feeder Pepper shows up in your Mint Preferences and you see the following when you visit yourdomain.com/feeder/

Mint Bird Feeder is active.

Benjamin Stein
Posted on Feb 26, '08 at 02:55 am

Thanx Shaun for this information. I should have known… I will add this to my README.TXT in order to make life easier for those running into problems.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account