Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

No WebClip bookmark icon with iPhone Pepper 1.14

MacManX
Minted
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 03:21 am

I just installed iPhone Pepper 1.14, and the new WebClip bookmark icon is not available when I attempt to add it to my home screen. I only get the standard screenshot icon.

I have tried restarting, and clearing Safari’s cache and history, but the screenshot is still the only choice.

Despite my trouble with Mint’s WebClip bookmark icon, I was able to get the new WebClip bookmark icons for Pownce Mobile and Google Reader by re-adding them to my home screen earlier today.

a.jaffe
Minted
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 03:28 am

Ditto…

Using Shaun’s own view-source bookmark, it looks like the webclip icon path is being set to the directory without the actual filename appended.

For what it’s worth, I did have the webclip-icon-hack that was posted here last week installed, but removed the changes before installing the new version of the pepper.

A

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 06:48 am

Shaun made a typo.

Line 82 of /mint/pepper/shauninman/iphone/class.php

Reads:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="pepper/shauninman/iphone/webclips/{$this->prefs['webClip']}" />

It should read:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="pepper/shauninman/iphone/webclips/{$this->prefs['webclip']}" />

Notice webClip to webclip.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 10:04 am

Hmm, I caught and fixed that typo during development (it’s working fine on both my installs). Must have been a regression. Sorry guys, updated now.

a.jaffe
Minted
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 12:28 pm

Shaun-

Great, thanks!

Any way to get it to work with Junior Mint? (And, while I’m here, any way to make the Jr Mint layout a bit more iPhone-friendly? It’s pretty hard to hit the link to the mint installation with my finger!

Andrew

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 03:26 pm

Any way to get it to work with Junior Mint?

Also updated.

Itís pretty hard to hit the link to the mint installation with my finger!

Have you considered surgery? ;)

MacManX
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '08 at 01:10 am

Thanks, Shaun! iPhone Pepper 1.15 is working just fine.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account