Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Tracking Anchors or Tracking in PHP?

Hello Im running SWFAddress my main problem is i cant track swfaddress url’s, they look like blah.com/#/somepage which tells the flash file to do something with somepage

If it isnt possible tp track these I also have SEO link which is a php file that looks like blah.com/seo/somepage

OR is it possible to hit mint via php before it redirects?

OR is it possible to hit mint in .htaccess, then i could create a rewrite rule to do this.

Any Ideas?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 07, '08 at 10:28 am

Mint does not support Flash sites. There was a third-party Flash Tracker Pepper in development a while back but it never made it into the Peppermill. You might be able to find a copy in the Forum or on Pepperminttea.co.uk.

Thanks for the reply shaun, it doesnt need to track flash,

i need to track index.html#blah or index.html#moose

I want to hit mint with javascripts location.hash property

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 11, '08 at 08:20 am

milkytreat, I’m pretty sure that’s what the Flash Tracker allows you to do. Please see this FAQ as to why this functionality isn’t provided directly in MInt.

I just signed up with Mint and I am using a site with deep linking swfaddress url’s - same as milkytreat describes above.

I’m also using Google Analytics. Google Analytics has no problem at all seeing and reporting on the pages viewed. All it takes is adding some code - the same way that Mint works.

It’s been over a year and a half since milkytreat posted his/her original inquiry. Are there any updates since then? Are there any plans to allow for tracking sites when the format is domainname.com/#/page?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Nov 17, '09 at 07:30 am

There are still no plans for official support for tracking links within swfs.

FTS
Minted
Posted on Oct 15, '12 at 02:40 pm

I have links with hashes that load specific pages. There is NO flash in my website, but Mint doesn’t seem to be tracking a page that is loaded via a hash tag. Is there any support for this?

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account