Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Crushes showing hte same IP for different people constantly

In the last couple of months, various people are showing up in the crushes pane from vastly different locations, but all with the IP 127.255.255.255

They should be showing up as different IPs, as they come from vastly different parts of the world. This just started happening about 2 months ago, and now is with great frequency. If I expand the listing, it shows correctly where (geographically) they come from, but the IP still is the same.

btw, I just found a post about a similar problem and made the changes suggested here: haveamint.com/forum/troubleshooting/549 … _referrers

although I am unable to determine if my host is 64bit or not. I hope the problem goes away. I will keep you posted if it returns.

Turns out my host’s server is 32 bit, NOT 64. Should I leave those columns unsigned or put them back the way they were? I haven’t seen the problem recur since yesterday, but I will note here if it does.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Nov 10, '08 at 01:27 am

Your server is in fact 64 (hover over the Mint version number in the footer of your Mint installation to confirm).

owen-b
Minted
Posted on Jan 28, '09 at 09:03 am

I’ve been getting this problem for weeks now - definitely more than 5 weeks. I’m on a 64 bit server apparently but not really got enough knowhow to understand the directions in the linked thread.

What do I need to do to sort this out, it’s driving me nuts now! :)

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 29, '09 at 08:46 am

I’ve updated the checksums.php script to correctly sign the table columns for you. It still only clears up data stored in the the primary Mint table so some Pepper may still take up to 5 weeks to flush the old data.

Just upload the script to your Mint directory and visit /mint/checksums.php in a browser.

owen-b
Minted
Posted on Feb 10, '09 at 05:28 am

Thanks Shaun, just got round to doing that. It completed and now the Crushes table is completely empty, so I guess it’s done it’s job and now I wait for it to repopulate!

I did this after moving over to a MediaTemple (dv) 4.0, but my Crushes table is still displaying the 127.255.255.255 IP’s.

Where did I go wrong?

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account