Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Method to exclude myself and my browsers?

I thought during Mint’s setup that there was a step for excluding myself/my browser from being tracked by Mint. I imagine this is done through a cookie. Is there a way to flip this switch and turn off tracking for my other browsers?

Mr Papa
Minted
Posted on Feb 03, '07 at 07:21 pm

I’m a noob here, so I could be wrong, but on your preferences page, there is a check box below the login on the section where you can ignore your visits…

Mr Papa

Bah, I knew it was something that simple. Just couldn’t remember or find it. Thanks!

On a similar note, one of my clients is absolutely Mint-happy, loves to check his stats. Does mint set the “ignore” cookie again every time you log in, regardless of where from?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 04, '07 at 02:35 pm

No, you need to visit the Preferences and reset it. Or just add ?ignore to your Mint url (if they don’t have a login).

One step further… I use to know how to do this, but how do you open the list to add an IP so that Mint ignores all traffic from a corporate IP with multiple users. I remember there being a way.

That’s in the advanced settings. You can access them at the following URL: /mint/?preferences&advanced

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account