Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Encoded URLs Throughout Mint

One of my installs has recently started displaying encoded URLs. For instance, my recent refer is from “http%3A//www.google.com” to the target URL of “Property%20Boundaries%20on%20Google%20Maps%2…” This error is present in the Referrers and Pages panes, and appears to be affecting the Searches pane, in that Mint no longer recognizes any searches. Also, the Crushes pane (from Shaun’s Secret Crush pepper) displays encoded URLs. On the other hand, Andrew Sutherland’s Outclicks pane displays source and target URLs just fine.

It seems entirely possible that this is not a problem with Mint, but instead its environment, but I’ve had no luck in figuring out what that would be. I’m running Mint 2.18.

Any suggestions?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Aug 23, '10 at 09:30 am

This problem is almost always the result of a poorly designed mod_rewrite rule to add or remove www from your url. Disabling mod_rewrite in your Mint directory will prevent future data from being corrupted. Older data will persist until normally expired.

I just created an .htaccess file in my Mint directory, added a “RewriteEngine Off” line, and that immediately fixed things (for new data). Thanks so much, Shaun.

Domsou
Minted
Posted on Mar 19, '12 at 05:28 am

Hi !

This problem occurs after I moved the website to a new hosting company. I’ve tried the answer above but this does not solve the problem.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account