Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

local searches compatible with wordpress search?

Ari
Minted
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 12:04 pm

I am running mint 2.03 and local searches 2.01.

Ari
Minted
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 12:11 pm

2nd try…

I am running mint 2.03 and local searches 2.01. Mint is not picking up any searches from within the wordpress blog. I have local searches set up as follows: Path= /blog/ Query= s

Here’s what apache sees when a search is run… “GET /blog/index.php?s=desihits HTTP/1.1” 200 12660

Seems like it is set up right, but clearly mint is not picking this up - could this be because of the way wordpress uses index.php to run the search?

MacManX
Minted
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 01:11 pm

If you want to use the Local Search Pepper [with WordPress], it should be fairly easy to set up. Go to Preferences > Local Search and just add “/” to the first input and “s” to the second, and then click “Done”.

haveamint.com/forum/troubleshooting/6/c … _wordpress

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 01:14 pm

Your Mint appears to be tracking my searches. Do you have the “Ignore my visits” cookie set by any chance (you can find this in Mint’s Preferences)?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 01:15 pm

MacManX, that is assuming that Wordpress is installed at the root of your site. Ari’s Wordpress install is in a /blog/ directory off of root.

MacManX
Minted
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 01:43 pm

Mine’s in a /blog/ directory too, and as Ari mentioned, “Path= /blog/ Query= s” didn’t work, but Path= / Query= s works perfectly.

Ari
Minted
Posted on Feb 28, '07 at 01:43 pm

thanks guys - Shaun - I see your “mint” search in local searches now. I do have “ignore my visits” checked but I had a 3rd party on a different network test the searches yesterday against local search 2.0 and got no hits. upgraded to 2.01 last night and it’s looking better. Still seeing some inconsistency, but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Thx for the help and prompt response (again!)

mmh, it’s not working well for me. at least not full working. Eg.: search no. 1 for “css” : partially shows up. search no. 2 dor “design” : not showing up search no. 3 for “luft” : now “design” shows up but not “luft” as keyword. “luft” only as underline.

see screenshot screenshot

I don’t know what’s going wrong. any ideas?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 06, '07 at 05:30 pm

I think what’s happening is that because the referrer was another search result page the search term in the referrer is overriding the search term in the current url. That’s definitely a bug but not specific to Wordpress. I’ll try to pick it off quickly. Nice screenshot btw.

if you need to know more about my server/installation or anything else please let me know. and thanks for that quick response.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 06, '07 at 06:38 pm

Nah, not necessary. I know exactly where the conflict in logic lies. Just need to figure out how to deal with it.

Has this been fixed? Sorry if this is known, I’m kind of new.

I’m having the same problem with Local Searches 2.02 on Mint 2.14 and Wordpress 2.2.

My blog is in the /m/ directory, and search reroutes to the /m/index.php?s=searchterm. I set Path=/ and Query=s, as described by the comments above. It is not mapping search terms for me. (I also tried Path=/m/, to no avail.)

Any thoughts?

Strange… The search terms showed up after 20 minutes. Is there such a long time delay?

ghkim
Minted
Posted on Mar 29, '12 at 06:49 pm

My blog site is ghkim.com/blog - when searching the result is http://ghkim.com/?s=searchstring - so I put in / as the path and s for the string, nothing showing up in results though…

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account