Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Performance of Mint on "high" traffic sites?

James L
Mint-less
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 04:07 pm

I used ShortStat a while ago on one of my sites that got fairly good traffic (50-60k impressions a day at the time if I remember), but because the database didn’t have indexes it killed our server once. We manually added the indexes and it worked alright but we ended up dropping it.

Now that Mint 2 is out my partner wants to try it. I was able to check out the schema and it (happily) has indexes, so we don’t have to worry about that. But I just wanted to know if anyone with high traffic websites has had any performance troubles with Mint? We have over 150k impressions daily now and can’t afford to have the server crumble because of a stats script.

ramanan
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '08 at 10:23 am

This has come up several times; search the forum. As I understand things, “yes, it works fine.”

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue