Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

WP-Admin Mint style?

I just wondered if anyone knew of a plugin that stylised the WP-Admin similar to that of Mint? I like the look and feel of Mint, and would like to have all my “Admin” areas feel integrated. Just thought I would float the question.

I didn’t know you can change the look of WP-Admin… I guess you could change the CSS file, no?

I agree, Mint looks a lot better than the default WP-Admin

@Nebagakid: yea you can, there are various skins/themes out there like a Mac OS X/Tiger, autumn and others. I think there’s a little to it than simply editing a CSS file, but I make that assumption only because there are so few admin themes out there.

Thanks, dcharti, (do you know of any place that has a listing of admin themes like they do for regular themes?) I tried yesterday to to make one, based on the Mint panel and haveamint.com (Shaun, I apologize for copying your styles)

You can get the css file I did. It should work for the most part, except on the upload iFrame on the post page (and some of the other stuff on the write/edit page aren’t as nice)

Mr Papa
Minted
Posted on Feb 12, '07 at 10:33 am

here’s a couple of popular ones nebagakid… yellowswordfish.com ceprix.net/archives/spotmilk-admin-theme-for-wordpress

i dont know of a place with listing of all available…

Melissa
Minted
Posted on Feb 14, '07 at 04:50 am

The Wordpress site has somewhat of a list: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes … min_Themes

I use the Tiger theme, currently. Some of those links seem to be broken, now that I look at it. :(

However, I did find this: http://rudd-o.com/projects/wp-admin-themer

Which allows you to modify the CSS. May make it more “minty” looking. :D

I would use those themes, but I found a drop-down admin plugin that turns all the major WP nav links into - you guessed it - drop down menus, making navigation far more efficient. I really hope they integrate something similar soon.

Getting even farther off topic, it would be great to see a drop-down functionality built into WordPress’s live site navigation as well. It’s obviously becoming a CMS, which means people are only going to continue using it for larger and larger sites. We need some drop-down goodness if WP is going to scale along with user’s needs.

Mr Papa
Minted
Posted on Feb 14, '07 at 09:35 pm

the spotmilk theme supports that too… get the spotmilk from the link above and then the dropdown from the yellowswordfish site…

dcharti…check out my wp theme test site… http://test.klasen.us

dropdowns in live site… its css with some js…

I use the Spotmilk plugins (both of them) and ended up just editing the CSS to my likings since I prefer smaller fonts (especially since my dashboard has a lot of main links on them.)

If you want your admin to look like mint, it’s a matter of trying out some of the links people listed here, and just editing the CSS to your specs :)

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue