Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Bird Feeder Request

philipj
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 01:27 pm

Bird Feeder is great, I have just one request. I ultimately don’t care if someone is subscribed to my Atom feed or my RSS feed, I’d just like to know the total number of feed subscribers. How easy/hard would it be to add a “Sum” tab that was simply the sum total feed subscribers?

ramanan
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 01:39 pm

This is an option in the preferences. (Also, if you give both feeds the same name when you define the BIRDFEED value, the two feeds shouldn’t be differentiated.) Mind you, you may want to know both sets of numbers if you were planning on dropping support for one feed or another.

philipj
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 01:46 pm

Right. I guess I worded things a little poorly above, I don’t want to remove the individual feed number feature, but I would like to add a ‘sum’ tab.

I have a “show all” option in the Seed pane, but I don’t have the same option in the Feeds pane. Is there something I’m missing?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 03:39 pm

It’s not possible to capture that number. There’s no way of knowing which (or how many) subscribers to one feed also subscribe to the other thanks to feed aggregators that fetch feeds on behalf of many subscribers.

philipj
Minted
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 03:44 pm

Hi Shaun, maybe I’m not being clear. I don’t mean the intersection of the two lists, but just the total number of each added together. I.e., if there are 100 hitting my RSS feed and 150 hitting the Atom feed today, the sum tab shows 250 feed subscribers.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 31, '07 at 03:52 pm

That’s what Ramanan was describing how to do.

I’m looking for a similar feature. All I can see is daily totals, I want weekly totals, not daily averages by week/month etc.. I can’t see any options that would give me that.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue