Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Does Mint archive older traffic?

How does Mint handle older traffic? I was looking through some stats today, and it’s recording 200,000+ per month, yet mint_visit only has 100,000 rows or so.

Can this be right? Is it archiving traffic somewhere?

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 01, '08 at 04:41 am

Any data older than your database limit (see /mint/?preferences&advanced) is expired, except for totals.

Does “expired” mean “deleted”?

How often does Mint calc the totals that it keeps?

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 04, '08 at 11:57 am

Yes, and every hit. As far as I am aware.

i am new to mint and i like it.

what does “except for totals” mean? which data is stored(longer) and wich will be deleted?

we started an new site (http://streetfiles.org) 2 months ago and we analyse our site with clicky. last month we had ~ 1M page views…
…so we will reach the limit of 25MB very quick.

i wonder if just the raw data will be delete and the basics are stored forever somehow…

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 22, '08 at 02:32 pm

When Sam said “totals” he meant “aggregate totals” refers to data that is not specific to a single hit. An example from the Default Pepper is the Visits pane Total and Unique counts. Subscriber totals from the Bird Feeder Pepper are another example.

thanks for your reply. where and when are these aggregated values stored? daily (nightly)?

i considered to write a pepper to collect this data - but probably it’s already build in.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 22, '08 at 04:50 pm

This data is recorded in real-time, it is not compiled at fixed intervals. This data is usually stored in a Pepper’s data array which is stored in the mint__cfg table in the data column as a serialized array.

thanks.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue