Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Wordpress MultiUser Mint PlugIn

own
Minted
Posted on Mar 12, '08 at 04:08 am

Hi

I’m planning om using mint to deliver real time data to a wordpress multiuser community.

The challenge here is obviously to break down all Mint data according to which Blog the hits have been recordet on.

What I imagine is something like this:

1. Whenever a hit is registered a blogid-variable is recorded in the Mint database.

2. All statistics is exposed as rss feed and blog-id is entered as URL variable in the feed url (with rss I will be able to integrate the statistics nicely in the wordpress backend).

Is this a completely hopeless project (obviously it should be a plugin if possible)?

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 12, '08 at 04:16 am

Each site will require a unique Mint license as per the terms of the license agreement.

own
Minted
Posted on Mar 12, '08 at 05:01 am

Well, I’m sure it would be possible to negotiate some sort of multi-(sub)domain deal or would that be completely out of the question?

Anyway, I’m more interested in whether it is possible technically.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 13, '08 at 04:00 am

There is only 1 licensing scheme for Mint.

Technically it is of course possible, but it would require some serious hacking to the original Mint code which would then remove forward compatibility. Not recommended.

Perhaps down the road this is something that could be built into MInt, but I am unsure if this will ever happen.

CyruzDraxs
Mint-less
Posted on Mar 16, '08 at 07:25 pm

I have a similar desire; I’m making a social network and would like to use Mint to supply traffic details to each user about who has visited their profile and it’s connected pages. It’s all on one site, so that wouldn’t violate the EULA would it? It would be useful if there was some way to display traffic information of a specific page or combination of pages—even for normal usage on a more typical website.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue