Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Me and my Peppers

Till
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 16, '07 at 10:47 am

heeeeey …

I am totally bored : ///
I wrote a Pepper called “Locations+” which tracks countries, regions and cities - but it costs 49 USD.
“Downloads” and “Locations” are (sadly but hopefully) nearly finished.

I’m interested in your freaky feature and/or pepper wishes.

Ronald Heft
Posted on Apr 16, '07 at 10:52 am

Till, I noticed a bug in your newly released Downloads Pepper. After adding downloads to the watched list, the watched tab no longer functions. Before adding downloads, the tab said no watched downloads. As soon as I added a download to the list, the tab became blank. Additionally, I can no longer remove the downloads from the watched tab as refreshing the pages makes the minus button revert to a plus.

Sam Brown
Posted on Apr 16, '07 at 03:44 pm

Im interested in your freaky feature and/or pepper wishes.

Ok.. I’ll go first:

• A Hard Copy style Pepper - Beau seems to have given up on this while I think it would be a fantastic Pepper to have!
  • Top stats - Records the highest Totals & Uniques for each of the appropriate time frames.
  • Some of the Pepper from Mint 1.x that have yet to be updated to Mint 2.0
Ronald Heft
Posted on Apr 16, '07 at 08:00 pm

Just for the record, I’m looking into making a new Feedburner Pepper similar to Bird Feeder. I just don’t want Till taking that one. :-)

Hi till,

Is there a way of displaying the stats from the downloads pepper ones site?

thanks,

jesse

shokk
Posted on Apr 16, '07 at 09:07 pm

I’m getting a headers error with Downloads 1.02 in IE. Works fine in firefox. The URL on the page is just shokk.com/downloads/prank_105.zip As you can see by clicking it here, the link and download works fine too. It’s only when being kicked off from a page on my site with IE.

Warning: parse_url(/mint/pepper/orderedlist/downloads/download.php?file=http://www.shokk.com/downloads/prank_105.zip) [function.parse-url]: Unable to parse url in /web/site/mint/pepper/tillkruess/downloads/download.php on line 34

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /web/site/mint/pepper/tillkruess/downloads/download.php:34) in /web/site/mint/pepper/tillkruess/downloads/download.php on line 126

Till
Posted on Apr 17, '07 at 01:58 am

Ronald, did I steel you another Pepper? xD

jessestolen, I updated this peppers documentation.

shokk
Posted on Apr 29, '07 at 08:51 pm

My errors were gone BTW once I noticed that the above errors listed 2 different peppers that obviously were conflicting. Uninstalling Download Counter made it go away.

I was actually hoping for an indivdual breakdown that could be displayed next to the link to the download. Rather than an overall output.

If you know what I mean.

Thanks though.

Till
Posted on May 01, '07 at 02:57 am

Do you mean something like this?

shokk
Posted on May 04, '07 at 08:54 pm

Yes, please. =)

actually, someway of telling which visitors are downloading would be nice.

oh and no, thats not quite what i meant. I was still thinking of the actual front end of the site.

Something to be displayed next to the download link itself. As in:

Download the file here (this file has been downloaded xx times)

Till
Posted on May 23, '07 at 02:02 am

jessestolen, you could check the “External Data Access”.

that’s it! one hefty chunk of code.

nice one.

so now about telling me who is downloading :)

Till
Posted on May 23, '07 at 03:53 pm

What do you like to know? The IP address?

yeah I guess, something similar to the secret crushes plugin.

I have another question.

How do I put that code into a wordpress post?

Till
Posted on May 25, '07 at 05:35 am

I’m absolutely not into WordPress.

that’s a shame, I am.

thanks for your help.

Joost de Valk
Posted on Jun 12, '07 at 02:34 pm

Till: i’d love a pepper that allows me to search through my referral links…

Till
Posted on Jun 13, '07 at 06:11 am

Joost, this tumbles under Shauns sphere of duties = )

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jun 13, '07 at 10:19 am

Not really Till. Just because one Pepper maintains columns in the database doesn’t mean that other Peppers can’t present alternative views to that data. Case in point: Trends.

Till
Posted on Jun 14, '07 at 06:22 am

The reason for asserting this is that I’d prefer a toggleable search bar within the Referrers Pane.

How about a clean way to update Mint and peppers without having to copy and remove files by hand ?

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue