Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Feedburner 2.0 Coming Your Way

Ronald Heft
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Jul 04, '07 at 08:19 pm

I would like to let everyone know I just submitted Feedburner 2.0 to the Mint Peppermill. It should be appearing shortly.

Feedburner 2.0 brings a new pane called Feedburner Items. The new pane will display your individual item statistics. As you may know, Google recently bought Feedburner, and this past week they make all previous Pro features free. Item tracking used to be a pro feature, and thanks to it now being free, everyone can now take advantage of it.

Since item tracking takes a bit until you have the stats for it (updated every 24 hours), I thought I would give everyone a heads up to enable it. That way when Shaun adds the new version to the Peppermill tonight or tomorrow, you’ll hopefully already have some statistics to display.

You can enable item tracking on Feedburner’s site. On the Analyze tab of your feed, very bottom left column, is a button called Feedburner Stats PRO. Click that and then check Item views and Items link clicks. That will get you started in item tracking.

I’d love to hear everyone’s feedback on the new pane, so once you get the new version installed and item tracking enabled, feel free to let me know how it’s working.

Sam Brown
Posted on Jul 05, '07 at 04:46 am

Yep, I knew you would be on the ball when this happened. Thanks for the update!

Oliver
Minted
Posted on Jul 05, '07 at 05:14 am

hey ronald I’m looking forward to test this pro-stat enabled pepper lol

Ronald Heft
Posted on Jul 05, '07 at 03:50 pm

Just incase anyone wonders, Feedburner’s servers are really slow today. It’s taking upwards of a minute to download my stats. Probably due to the increase in usage now that Pro is free. Hopefully download speeds will increase shortly.

Japhy
Minted
Posted on Aug 08, '07 at 02:02 am

Hi!

I can’t get any data from the Feedburner pepper. I get the following error message:

Error: No item statistics. If you just enabled item tracking, wait a day for statisics to appear.

I’ve waited for several days and tried different options.

Pepper version is 2.02, cache is enabled and chmod’ded to 777. What do I need to put into the ID - field? When I visit my Feedburner - account, I can see my username (Japhy), I have one feed title (Japhy.at) and I have an URL which ends in Japhy.at (http://feeds.feedburner.com/Japhyat). Which one of these is the ID?

Thanks!

regards, Joerg

Ronald Heft
Posted on Aug 08, '07 at 02:51 am

You should be entering Japhyat as your user ID.

Japhy
Minted
Posted on Aug 08, '07 at 04:22 am

Thank’s for your quick reply. That’s what I did, but I don’t get anything.

Any idea?

Ronald Heft
Posted on Aug 08, '07 at 01:12 pm

What exactly are you getting? A blank pane? An error message? I checked your stats from my side and you do have the awareness API enabled, so you should have stats to view.

First, make sure you don’t have the old Feedburner Pepper (Mint 1.x) installed. Since the old one is so similar to the current one, conflicts are created when both are used.

If you don’t have a conflict, I would try reuploading the Feedburner pepper files. Perhaps one of the files did not upload correctly. I would also disable caching until you have everything working.

Beyond that, that’s all my suggestions until I know more about your issue.

I have the same issue with Feedburner 2.02. I get blank panes: goblinbox.com/mint

I triple-checked my Feedburner username and disabled caching and still my Feedburner panes are empty.

I have uninstalled, re-uploaded, and reinstalled the Pepper as well. Cache is currently disabled.

I have Default, Backup/Restore, User Agent 007, Locations, and Outbound installed.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue