Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

'Location's database appears to be damaged.' error message

Hey. No matter how many times I upload Locations v2.27, I keep getting this error message whenever I try to visit the Mint stats page.

Any ideas?

Sam @ Peppermint Tea mentioned he wasn’t having issues, so I downloaded again using Camino instead of Firefox.

Still getting the same error message…if anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate it. :)

Sorry for posting so much, I’d edit my posts above if I could.

I just reverted to Locations v2.26 (so glad I keep backups), and things work fine again. I’d still like to keep current, but I’m glad I can visit my stats page again in the meantime.

Till
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 06, '07 at 04:27 pm

I’ve download v227 from my site, updated from v226 and it worked.

Hey, Till. Thanks for the reply…just tried one more time, with Firefox (I made a mistake, above, I generally use Safari). Downloaded a fresh copy of the file, unzipped, logged into FTP, deleted the two old files, uploaded the new files, and Mint is giving me this error:

Locations error

This is as soon as I hit /mint/, so the Back button doesn’t do anything. It’s still recording hits, though, as I’m getting the Growl Pepper notifications.

I’ve deleted the new files from the server, and reuploaded the Locations v2.26 files, and the Mint stats page opens again.

If you’d be willing to track down the problem…I’m on Dreamhost, and am running PHP 5 with MySQL 5. If there’s any other details I can include, please let me know! I like to stay current with updates and such.

Thank you! :)

Till
Posted on Sep 08, '07 at 07:52 am

Either PHP can’t open the database.dat file on your system, or this file is corrupt.

philipj
Minted
Posted on Sep 08, '07 at 08:14 am

I’m getting the same message, whether I download the pepper from your personal website or here at the peppermill. I’m on a different host (TextDrive/Joyent).

There definitely seems to be a problem with this latest release. I am getting the following errors after install:

Downloads could not alter the files table.
Location’s database appears to be damaged.
MySQL Error (from Downloads): Can’t DROP ‘checksum’; check that column/key exists. (1091)
Query: ALTER TABLE mint_files DROP checksum

I downloaded the files directly from your website.

Note the mint_files table does not have a checksum column

Till
Posted on Sep 08, '07 at 06:12 pm

Marcus S. Zarra, does this error message still pop up?

Can anyone of you three contact me by mail to fix this Locations bug?

Jeff N
Minted
Posted on Sep 13, '07 at 03:42 pm

I’m having the same problem as flammable. I will shoot you off an e-mail to help you troubleshoot.

Edit: I can’t find your e-mail. Care to share?

Jeff N
Minted
Posted on Sep 13, '07 at 04:02 pm

Uninstalled the locations pepper to view my Mint data. Lost all past history, but it seems to be working now. Methinks it’s an issue involved in the upgrading.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue