Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Visits Diff Pepper

fork
Minted
Posted on Dec 19, '07 at 10:21 am

I just upgraded to Mint 2.15 and installed Visits Diff afterwards.

Panes: Visits Referrers Pages Crushes Local Searches Searches Trends Internal Outbound Links Visits Diff

Everything appears to work ok except:

The Visits Diff pane shows nothing. I assume it doesn’t grab from existing data but waits for new data before it offers any stats. Currently it has four tabs (Past Day, Past Week etc.) but on the line beneath the title and tabs, the word Midnight appears on top of another title phrase (…”ge Views” is all I can read). To the right of that is “Unique Visitors”. Will the header correct itself when data starts to appear or is something messed up in the layout or CSS?

pxlpshr
Minted
Posted on Dec 19, '07 at 12:20 pm

I’m having the same issue… but it’s been running since last night so there should be new stat info… except there’s nothing.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Dec 19, '07 at 01:40 pm

Force refresh.

pxlpshr
Minted
Posted on Dec 19, '07 at 02:03 pm

I have forced refreshed and disabled cache with web developers toolbar in FireFox, neither seem to rectify the issue.

Sam Brown
Posted on Dec 19, '07 at 03:45 pm

Have you updated Mint to v2.15? And more specifically have you uploaded the latest version of the /styles/ folder?

finny
Minted
Posted on Dec 19, '07 at 06:51 pm

I forgot to upload the new styles initially (silly boy) and got the same results. Once I uploaded the new css all worked perfectly.

fork
Minted
Posted on Dec 20, '07 at 09:09 am

About three weeks ago I posted a question here about upgrades in general — did I really need to upload all the files, including styles? Shaun answered that not all files are modified in the upgrade folders but he recommended running a diff between the current install and the upgrade to see what changed if I wanted to avoid uploading every single file.

Instead of doing that (cuz I’m lazy), and because I use a different style than the ones that come with Mint, I skipped the styles folder upgrades for the first time since buying Mint amost a year ago.

Haha on me. The Visit Diffs pepper NEEDS the new styles as part of the 2.15 upgrade even if you use a different style. I just added the 2.15 styles to my styles folder, replacing the two old ones that come with Mint, and voila, Visits Diff appears correctly. Still almost no data, but it hasn’t been 24 hours yet.

Thanks SAM BROWN!

Sam Brown
Posted on Dec 20, '07 at 10:43 am

I skipped the styles folder upgrades for the first time since buying Mint amost a year ago.

I usually do the same, but Shaun sent out an updated Style when beta testing this Pepper thus I knew to update it.

You should be seeing some sort of data straight away, as it is comparing all of the stats in the Visits Pepper with previous data already stored in the database.

Have a look at my Mint install to see a correctly functioning Visits Diff Pepper. http://pepperminttea.co.uk/mint

fork
Minted
Posted on Dec 21, '07 at 09:53 am

I didn’t see any Visits Diff data, either immediately, or after 24 hours.

I prefer the Seventh Degree style. The blue colors mesh better with my current desktop — and I leave a Mint window open at all times on a second monitor to watch the traffic because that particular site is busy enough to be interesting, about 1000 uniques per hour during USA work hours.

But the reason my Visits Diff pane was messed up, as Sam pointed out, was because I didn’t upload the new base CSS. After uploading the new styles, the pane appeared correctly but there still wasn’t any data.

I just changed styles to Vanilla Mint and voila, the data is all there.

Now…what do I need to change in my preferred style so I can also view the Visits Diff data using that style?

fork
Minted
Posted on Dec 23, '07 at 10:48 am

I compared the Vanilla Mint style directory to the Seventh Degree style directory. All the images in the image directory had the identical names so I left that as is. I then compared css files using BBEdit’s Compare feature and made changes to a copy of the Vanilla Mint css file. I changed only the colors to the colors in the Seventh Degree css file (like, color: #406D01;) I did not make any other changes.

So I essentially had a copy of the Vanilla Mint style.css with the Seventh Degree colors. I replaced the original Seventh Degree style.css with the new style.css and then chose Seventh Degree as my style. The Visits Diff pane appears but shows no data but when I change back to Vanilla Mint, all the data shows up. All the other panes in both styles appear as usual.

How can I get the Visits Diff data to show up in another style?

Bakkel
Minted
Posted on Dec 24, '07 at 06:02 am

I agree with fork. I use the Tufte style, but this pepper isn’t showing up. Now I had to switch back to vanilla.

Any Suggestions??

fork
Minted
Posted on Dec 24, '07 at 11:43 am

It’s getting weirder.

After my last post I tried switching back and forth between styles in the Prefs window and suddenly Seventh Degree and Vanilla Mint became hybrids of each other. Vanilla Mint is mostly blue with a few items showing mint green (like the Preferences and Logout button backgrounds) and Seventh Degree is mostly mint green but with hints of blue — in the same places where Vanilla Mint is green. The other oddity is that the Visits Diff data now appears correctly in each, but the colors are reversed — Visits Diff is all blues in Vanilla Mint and all greens in Seventh Degree.

I put everything back the way it was — replacing the existing styles with a pristine Seventh Degree style and a pristine Vanilla Mint style, both extracted from their original zip archives.

I logged out and back in, and selected each in turn but nothing has changed. Still hybrids. I also replaced the base styles folder in Apps directory just for laughs but nothing changed.

I then tried a few other styles like Mint Chocolate, which I had never altered, and massiveblue, etc. Chocolate is messed up color-wise and the others appear as if no style is selected whatsoever.

I tried other browsers (Firefox 2, Safari 3, Camino, etc) and got more odd results, as if individual browsers interpreted the style sheet colors differently. Some browsers wouldn’t show Prefs in css at all, no matter what style was chosen.

I’m hoping Shaun has some suggestions of what went wrong and how I can fix it without reinstalling from scratch.

At least Mint itself appears to work.

hi sam, i’m havivng the same issue with the visit diff pane. i’m not seeing any results. you indicated that the latest styles folder should be updated, where would i find this? thanks.

And more specifically have you uploaded the latest version of the /styles/ folder?

fork
Minted
Posted on Mar 08, '08 at 05:10 pm

It’s been awhile since I posted about this problem but I did finally manage to solve it by starting over from scratch and patiently fiddling with the CSS files again. I now have a custom style I made from combining the Vanilla Mint and Seventh Degree styles until I got exactly what I wanted: a pleasantly blue style (I named it Vanilla Seven), including working graphs in the Visits pane.

do you have a copy of that lying around?

after trying all the suggestions listed on the board, i can only see the results in the visits diff pepper when i use vanilla mint and mint chocolate sytles. has anyone gotten visits diff to work correctly with dark pepper mint or pepper mint?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 13, '08 at 05:40 pm

Third-party styles will need to updated to properly display the Visits Diff graphs since they are completely new styles.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue