Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Error after restoring db when moving hosts

I moved hosts from one company to another. I exported the Mint DB and created a new DB at the new host (DB names aren’t the same). I then imported the database from the backup (an SQL file) and make the correct entries in the db.php:

‘server’ => ‘tonygeer.com’, ‘username’ => ‘un’, ‘password’ => ‘pw, ‘database’ => ‘tonygeermint’, ‘tblPrefix’ => ‘mint_’

When I go to tonygeer.com/mint I’m getting an error that says “MySQL Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query. (2013)”.

This is version 1.29.

If I run a query on the DB in phpMyAdmin I’m getting results, so the info is there and the DB is up. Did I do anything wrong?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 20, '08 at 10:06 am

I’ve never encountered this MySQL error before. You might need to contact your new host to confirm your connection details (although those don’t seem to be an issue since there is a connection to lose) and inquire about the frequency of this error on their servers.

A quick googling suggest that it may be an issue with their PHP MySQL client version being incompatible with their MySQL version.

I fixed it. For future reference - since I’m with Dreamhost the server field had to be the hostname that I assigned to the database, NOT my domain.

MySQL Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query. (2013)

Iím getting the same error and Iím on a MT Grid Server and have installed Mint before on it.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue