Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Preferences partially munged

fork
Minted
Posted on Feb 27, '08 at 02:25 pm

This morning I noticed that the AdsenseAgg pepper was showing an error message in the main Mint page. I went into Mint Preferences but only the left column and part of the center column of the prefs page showed up. Clicking on Done posted an error dialog:

“The Prefs form must be completely loaded before saving”

I backed out and decided to check my main Adsense account. Google had put up a page informing me that I must agree to new terms. I did that and my Adsense page loaded. I returned to Mint, and the Mint main page with all the peppers, including the AdsenseAgg pepper, loaded normally. I went back to Mint prefs but the prefs page is still not loading completely.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 27, '08 at 05:09 pm

This is usually the result of duplicate Pepper in your /pepper/ directory. If you recently updated a Pepper make sure that you deleted /pepper_old/ from your server.

fork
Minted
Posted on Feb 28, '08 at 09:34 am

I did not have any duplicate peppers but your suggestion made me wonder what I had recently changed in mint. I had added the AdsenseAgg pepper, which had the original problem, but that didn’t appear to be the cause since it was working properly when I originally installed it and again after I updated my Google page (which it references).

But the new Big Total pepper, which other people have pointed out has caused problems, was the culprit. I had added it to my pepper directory but I never installed it. After deleting it from the pepper directory, my prefs window came back normally.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue