Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Mint Stats Are All Messed Up After Changing Web Hosts

I recently moved to Media Temple’s grid server (which is 64 bit server I think) and my mint stats are showing up weird.

This is similar to my previous thread about Outbound Links but now encompasses other mint stat fields as well.

Link to previous thread: http://haveamint.com/forum/troubleshoot … rrect_data

The Problem:

The stats is wrong for the following portions:

1. Referrers
  2. Outbound links
  3. Pages

For example, the stats show that a certain link has been clicked on for over 1,000 times in a 48 hour period but the page where the link is placed hasnít even been accessed by more than 200 visitors in the same timeframe so thatís just impossible.

This is the same for referrer stats….. a domain is shown sending me over 1000 visitors in 24 hours when in reality, it has only sent around 5 visitors (according to another stats program).

And the same for Pages…. a page accessed 400 times in 4 hours will not even show up in the list for 8 hours, which is inaccurate.

I’ve made sure that the checksums were unsigned for mint_visit and mint_outbound and emptied the table but it still doesn’t work for me. Any solutions to suggest?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 04, '08 at 10:23 am

You have changed all _checksum columns and the ip_long column and are still seeing this issue?

Yes, I’ve changed all checksum and ip_long columns to unsigned and I’m still seeing this issue..

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 05, '08 at 10:17 am

According to your Mint, it is actually installed on a 32-bit server (hover over the version number in the footer to see for yourself). The problem is likely that you moved from a 64-bit server to a 32-bit server. The aforementioned columns need to be SIGNED.

i’m having an issue with one of our installations of mint. we changed the tables from signed to unsigned and we’re still getting wildly inaccurate numbers.

does anyone have a solution for this issue?

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue