Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Feeds Articles?

jdphoto
Minted
Posted on Mar 11, '08 at 03:11 pm

Can anyone tell me what the url’s are at the top of this pepper. I don’t understand, if I click on them they do nothing. Not sure where they come from.

screenshot

Thanks

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 12, '08 at 04:21 am

No Mint license = no support.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 13, '08 at 05:48 pm

Smooth move. Sending your host a takedown notice now.

jdphoto
Minted
Posted on Mar 13, '08 at 07:10 pm

Whoa! Calm down. You had to have taken a look at my site, do you really think that 1. I, being a photographer and deeply understanding copyright law and what it means to a small business owner to protect his property, would seriously steal your software? and 2. That if I were going to, would I use my real name in the support forums, which any person with half a brain, would know could be tracked with a simple Google search? Come on. Now, on the other hand, I see your point, what’s to separate me from all the others you must fight on a daily basis from pirating your hard work, you don’t know me, so i could’ve very well been some dumb *ss that would do something like that. So for that I apologize, I simply asked a friend who had the program if I could check it out to see if I liked it and it worked as advertised, I should’ve also mentioned that in my post here. To show my honest intentions, I have went ahead and purchased a license. I hope that my actions havnt made any enemies here as I think your software is excellent and I would hate to not be able to use it for my business.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 15, '08 at 12:35 pm

A couple of things:

do you really think that I […] would seriously steal your software?

That’s essentially what you did, had you not had this problem with feeds I doubt you would have ever purchased a license.

I simply asked a friend who had the program

Who must have an illegal copy of the program himself, installation isn’t possible without a valid license unless the code has been modified to skip the license check.

You’ll be lucky to get support from Shaun now, you better hope he is in a good mood.

jdphoto
Minted
Posted on Mar 15, '08 at 11:22 pm

Sam - I totally see your point, I guess I just didn’t see any harm in trying it out before I paid for it. I honestly had every intention of purchasing it, if it worked well, or remove it if it didn’t. I don’t have a problem paying for good software that does what it’s supposed to, it’s a write off for my business & besides moral integrity, I would at minimum purchase it to stay legal in case of an IRS audit. I’ve had my friends all offer me the “next version of Photoshop or some other software” I use in my line of work. I know they mean well but, they are all illegal copies and that’s why I would never accept. In this case, the “try before you buy” appeal won over my better judgment. Shaun, I apologize to you for any stress my poor decision caused you and any time it took out of your schedule.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue