Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Best Practice for migrating Mint to new web host?

Hello all, I’m about to switch web hosts and along with my WordPress blog, I’ve to migrate Mint over as well. Domain will stay the same, but I was wondering what the best practice is when it comes to doing this.

I’d love a simple solution. :)

I’m not sure what the best practice is, but I just switched hosts last week. All I did was to send the site backup file (WordPress, Mint, etc.) to the new host and have it installed there. I then updated the Mint db.php file with the new configuration parameters (server, acc, passwd, etc). It’s been working fine, the same as it was in the old host.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Mar 20, '08 at 05:32 am

Yep, it’s as easy as you would think it is.

Don’t forget to visit /mint/?moved after you are set back up again, this will remap the installVars.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue