Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Can Mint bog down a system?

I’m on a “private” server with limited capabilities. Right now my site is getting 50,000+ hits a day. Is it possible that mint slows down any of this?

Or if not in operation, is it possible that it slows things down during reporting?

Thanks for any insight.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 14, '08 at 02:47 am

Yes, Mint will increase server load. Depending on how well your server handles things it could be ok.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 14, '08 at 11:09 am

Mint is an application that runs in tandem with page requests. It is designed to minimize the impact on the server but it does incur overhead. Performance will depend on a variety of factors including, general server and database fitness (amount of RAM, drive fragmentation, etc) and traffic levels. There’s no firm hits/day to performance ratio.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue