Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Capturing subset of referrer info

fork
Minted
Posted on Jun 20, '08 at 12:29 pm

I’d like to capture the most recent 5 referrers and insert them on a public html page. I also want to update this info whenever someone lands on that page or refreshes that page. Essentially this would be a subset of the referrers pane in Mint, including the From and When fields.

Is there a way to do this?

I’m thinking a php script could grab this info from Mint (or where Mint gets it from) and display it the same as Mint does — but only the most recent five, and without any of the other Mint info or panes.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jun 20, '08 at 03:55 pm

Sure, just connect to the Mint database and grab the last 5 rows with a non-zero referer_checksum column from the mint_visit table.

fork
Minted
Posted on Jun 20, '08 at 04:35 pm

I’m not a seasoned PHP scripter (I have only edited a few basic scripts) so

non-zero referer_checksum column

means nothing to me — and a quick Google of the phrase didn’t edify.

I found a PHP script that will get the referrer for any page where the script resides, but nothing to grab rows from Mint or my logs.

fork
Minted
Posted on Jul 02, '08 at 11:14 am

Sam Brown was kind enough to revamp his Mints.php script to accomodate my request:

http://pepperminttea.co.uk/2006/05/23/mints-mint-outputs-v11

Note that he has updated it further to 1.26 as of July 1 but it may not be posted on his site yet.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jul 07, '08 at 10:48 am

Sam Brown rocks.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue