Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

awstats almost double mint stats

super_colossal
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Aug 27, '08 at 04:50 am

When I compare the mint stats to awstats the difference is by a large factor.

For July for example:
awstats: unique - 10,075 total - 29,016
mint: unique - 6,832 total - 16,561

What is happening here?

I just added the .htaccess code from this thread. But have not seen any change.

Also, I have noticed my feed counts dropping dramatically over the last few days. This may, of course be readers unsubscribing, but I hope not…

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Aug 27, '08 at 09:08 am

A search for “differences” found Different stats when comparing Mint and x

super_colossal
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Aug 27, '08 at 11:05 pm

Okay thanks Shaun.

Do you have any clues as to why the feed numbers (using birdfeeder) would have dropped dramatically over the last week?

I have seen increased traffic which usually means the subscribers go up rather than down.

This week the subscribers have dropped from a daily average of about 400 to 76 yesterday.

fork
Minted
Posted on Sep 08, '08 at 11:36 pm

In addition to the considerations outlined in the post linked from Shaun’s reply, I have also written comments about stat comparisons in the past.

Currently I have AWstats, Google, Mint and StatCounter in play and after all were set up correctly (they weren’t at first), I’m getting numbers that are very close - less than 5% difference and often lower, among the four. My main site averages over 10,000 uniques per day.

The daily stats for Google, Mint and AWstats are especially close - StatCounter is lower because I didn’t automatically insert the StatCounter code into each page using Shaun’s trick of adding the google-analytics.com/urchin.js to the auto.php file in Mint. For more info on that trick, search this forum.

For those wondering why I use Mint in addition to the free services, I like the ability to customize Mint’s panes and styles, and that Mint updates in (almost) real time. I am also a beta tester for Woopra, and though it has a number of additional cool features and updates in real time, the free beta has a number of self-imposed stat limitations (currently 10,000 views per day). And though the country flag icons for each visitor are cute, the overall interface is ugly as heck.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue