Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Geo Mint's Google Map API error

Hi, I searched the forum first for this & while there were several posts, none of them had responses that tell how to fix this.

I JUST purchased Mint & also downloaded & installed a few peppers, Geo Mint being one of them & it’s the only one not working. I was really looking forward to this!

Everytime I log into my mint I get the error:

“The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. You can generate a new key for this web site at google.com/apis/maps/.”

And there is no map displayed.

Is there a resolution to this or do I need to uninstall it? If I need to uninstall it, will it cause problems with my other peppers? I’ve installed Secret Crush, User Agent 007 & Geo Mint.

Thanks Brennie

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Nov 06, '08 at 04:19 am

Have you tried contacting the Pepper’s developer?

No but I will, thank you. ~Brennie

ronans
Minted
Posted on Sep 17, '10 at 06:14 am

Just found this, initially when I installed the Geomint, there was no configuration window…. I went back to geomint through the preferences / geo mint and there you can enter a Google API key.

stange because I tried to enter the config file and enter it here:

var $prefs = array ( ‘googleAPI’ => ”, ‘plotNum’ => 10, ‘plotWidth’ => “100%”,

anyway just go to the preferences it is there.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue