Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

How often does "Mint Man" visit my website?

I just installed Mint and am loving it. Well done, Shaun!

The only downfall I see is that I can’t let my clients view the stats without giving them my password so I plan to just do a .htaccess Authentication module and tell Mint to let anyone in.

My question is will this adversely affect the way Mint communicates with haveamint.com?

If it does I can easily allow connections from 72.10.44.23 if that is the static IP of the server.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Also, I’m curious as to how frequently “Mint Man” will be visiting my site ;)

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 02, '09 at 05:00 pm

If you are planning on just letting anyone in then simply using the Enable open mode from within Mint would be your best option.

@Sam,

My goal is to only let my clients view the stats. Since I don’t want to give them my password to Mint, I plan to enable open-mode as you’ve suggested, and then protect requests that are not /mint/?js using a .htaccess file.

I’m curious if this will cause problems with the Activation server.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 03, '09 at 05:05 pm

It won’t affect the activation server. Mint will still be able to check for updates. But you cannot htauth the directory because your visitors need access to the Mint directory in order for Mint to record their visits. Mint is not a multi-user system.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 03, '09 at 05:06 pm

Also, I’m curious as to how frequently “Mint Man” will be visiting my site

As frequently as you can enter the Easter Egg command. ;)

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue