Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Older | Newer

PHP 5.3

I just installed PHP 5.3 on Debian Lenny and my hits aren’t being recorded anymore… further investigation shows that it’s causing Apache to segfault. I’m running Apache on localhost:8080 and routing all traffic through nginx, if that matters. Anyways, before I continue to figure out what’s causing the problem is there a known incompatibility with PHP 5.3 I should be aware of?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 25, '09 at 01:32 pm

Do you have any third-party Pepper installed? First things first, remove them and see if it works.

What an excellent idea, why didn’t I think of that haha… I’ll get back to you.

All third-party Pepper removed, but no go. I’m leaning on my configuration being the issue, ran the compatibility suite after the upgrade: sweetmod.com/mint-scs

Odd. I wonder if that is somehow related to how it’s causing Apache to segfault? (hence the nginx error when you attempt sweetmod.com/mint/?js)

I found out the solution to the problem (well, maybe not the real solution but it works now at least) is to comment out mysql_close() on line 48 of /mint/app/paths/record/index.php. Now to find out why…

Related? http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=48754&edit=1

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 28, '09 at 09:56 am

Gotta love it when the language you use to write your application is broken. Glad you found a solution that works for you.

tylerhall
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 28, '09 at 01:49 pm

I can confirm the above fix worked for me as well.

antrod
Minted
Posted on Feb 09, '10 at 11:22 am

Ditto here, running OS X10.6 server and stock Apache/PHP5.3 but a MacPorts supplied MYSQL 5.

This is really heinousó go PHP!

Older | Newer

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue