Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Mint Login

fork
Minted
Posted on Nov 21, '09 at 10:17 am

I’m a long-time Mint user (currently 2.17) and recently updated to the User Agent 007 Pepper Version 2.07.

After the update I started getting a periodic request to login to Mint, where before, once logged in, I stayed logged in and, even after a reboot, when the Mint page on my website opened, it didn’t request a login. Now I get the login request about (it seems) every 6-12 hours or so.

It’s probably a simple setting somewhere but I haven’t figured it out.

The other recent change was an update to the Camino browser I use for Mint. Camino recently went from 1.6 to 2.0. I checked the prefs but can’t find anything that would affect Mint’s login. I use a separate browser so the panes are always on a second monitor and I can watch our site’s traffic via ten minute Refreshes.

Our site is busier than usual right now due to Thanksgiving holiday content. At 20,000 plus unique users per day we’re nearly double our usual traffic. Not sure if that would affect Mint in this way.

i have the same issue. afteer a while i have to login again. i use the same versions.

btw: this forum REALLY misses a notify via mail feature!

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Nov 30, '09 at 10:21 am

This sounds like a cookie problem. Make sure that your browser is retaining cookies (if you’re using Safari, any cookies set while Private Browsing are deleted when you turn off Private Browsing).

If you’ve recently changed your Mint login info, try deleting all MintAuth cookies set by your domain and any variation of your domain (eg. leading www. or leading .). You could have a stale cookie tied to the old Mint login info.

fork
Minted
Posted on Nov 30, '09 at 12:12 pm

It appeared the problem had gone away - didn’t need to login again for the past nine days.

Shaun’s cookie theory seems to make sense since I had just upgraded a major jump in versions of Camino, and I assumed the upgrade had somehow reset cookies (though it shouldn’t have).

But today I got the login prompts again.

The login prompt doesn’t appear when I reboot the computer or reopen the browser. It does it suddenly after several hours of being open. The Refresh Pepper 2.0 is set to ten minutes.

Not a big problem, just annoying, especially since it never happened until a few weeks ago.

fork
Minted
Posted on Dec 09, '09 at 09:09 am

I switched to Safari and the login problem went away. Obviously something changed in Camino 2.0.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue