Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Trying to recover from crash

fork
Minted
Posted on Jan 22, '10 at 10:24 pm

My server crashed today after a runaway process. My ISP’s support people seem to think it was caused by MINT.

Server is back up but we are now getting this error:

Mint was unable to connect to the database. Please make sure that the correct values have been added to /config/db.php.

MySQL Error: User twoway_1 already has more than ‘max_user_connections’ active connections. (1203)

The config files shows:

'server'    => 'localhost',
'username'  => 'twoway_1',
'password'  => 'MYPASSWORDHERE',
'database'  => 'twoway_Mint',
'tblPrefix' => 'mint_'

Max connections is set to 50. PHP & MySQL appear to be working correctly elsewhere on the site.

Not sure what we should do next.

fork
Minted
Posted on Jan 23, '10 at 10:59 am

Turns out we have an old SMF message board database that has the same SQL user as the Mint database. Two different databases, but one user. The SMF message board had a runaway process and a damaged database that caused the max_user_connections error, bringing both databases to their knees.

Once the SMF database was repaired, MInt came back instantly.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue