Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Can I stop Mint from deleting old rows

It looks like Mint is cleaning up rows from my visit table after about five weeks. Is it possible to make Mint stop deleting those old rows?

I’m using them in a custom pepper I wrote.

Thanks, Zack

MacManX
Minted
Posted on Sep 08, '10 at 02:58 am

Yes, just go to /mint/?preferences&advanced and change the “Remove visit data more than [x] weeks old” value.

I went to this advanced page, which I couldn’t find any link to anywhere else, and I set the “Remove visit data more than [x] weeks old” value to nothing. I then saved the page and Mint deleted all my data older than 24 hours. That was not good behavior. Software should never lose data based on a simple input error.

I changed the value to 999 and that appears to work. This is working for me now, but I would warn all users not to leave this value blank.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 13, '10 at 11:42 am

This is an intentionally hidden, advanced setting designed primarily for reducing the timeframe Mint retains data. I do not support extending it beyond the default timeframe. Mint was not designed to retain or meaningfully process the excess of data that extending this timeframe will produce.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue