Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

New install - Can't connect to database

moma
Minted
Posted on Feb 10, '07 at 01:18 pm

Hi there,

First congrats Shaun on creating such a beautifully designed website and package.

Before purchasing I ran through the Mint Server Compatibility Suite on my server and everything ran fine. So I purchased and downloaded the files to begin installation - changed the username/password and database names in my db.php file and uploaded everything.

When I go to my mydomain.co.uk/mint I get the following message: Mint was unable to connect to the database. Please make sure that the correct values have been added to /config/db.php.

MySQL Error: Access denied for user ‘****’@’localhost’ (using password: NO). (1045)

I used the same username/password/database name as I used during the test run so not sure why it wouldn’t be working.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 10, '07 at 02:38 pm

Here’s your clue (from your error message):

using password: NO

Please make sure that you have added your database variables in the second of the quote pairs in db.php.

eg.

'password'  => 'yourdbpassword',

not:

'yourdbpassword'    => '',
moma
Minted
Posted on Feb 10, '07 at 02:57 pm

Couldn’t see the wood for the trees there, thanks for the simple explanation Shaun.

Everything up and running smoothly now, looks fantastic!

Sakshi
Minted
Posted on Feb 14, '07 at 03:29 am

Okay this is a silly question but I have to ask.

MySQL Error: Access denied for user: ‘*****@polaris.lunarpages.com’ (Using password: YES). (1045)

Could you pls give an example of the variables that are to be placed bellow.

‘database’ => ‘tblPrefix’ => ‘mint_’

In database do I place my server name and what do I put in tblPrefix.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 17, '07 at 02:55 pm

database is the name of the database Mint should use (this is a database that lives on your database server). You should check with your host if you are unclear on what the name of your database is.

You can leave tblPrefix as it is.

yacosta
Minted
Posted on Mar 03, '07 at 12:39 pm

Sakshi, check your password… I got the exact error and when I double checked my settings my password was off.

holly
Minted
Posted on Jan 29, '08 at 03:48 pm

i am extremely new to this and my webmaster isn’t much help. i installed this a long time ago and it quit working yesterday, so i thought i would do the update to see if that worked. now i cant log in. i keep getting the same error message as those above. my idiot question is where do i check my password? i don’t see anywhere to put a password in. i’m using filezilla if that helps. i honestly have barely a clue about all of this so please spell it out to me. thank you so much.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Jan 30, '08 at 10:22 am

Please see this FAQ or any of the “Configuring Mint” stickies in this very Forum for examples of how to configure Mint.

Your host/webmaster/server admin is the only one who can tell you your database password.

Barn0wl
Minted
Posted on Jul 17, '14 at 04:39 pm

Hi Shaun, I am having a similar problem to the original post, I have used all the same credentials as in the test but when I upload db.php to test I receive this error. Any hints on where I may possibly be going wrong?

MySQL Error: Access denied for user ‘root ‘@’localhost’ (using password: YES). (1045)

I should tell you that I am successfully connecting to the same db with an existing site using the same credentials.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue