Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Mint works on IIS

nickday
Minted
Posted on Feb 18, '07 at 10:25 am

Hi,

Mint does infact seem to work on IIS - I’m running Win2003/IIS 6 in a shared hosting environment without any problems.

Follow the instructions at: mrsimms.net/John%20Simms%20dot%20Net/Jo … 341EA.html

You’ll obviously have to make these code changes after each upgrade.

All the IIS-related posts are in the old forum so thougt i’d post here to make sure everybody knows about this.

Nick

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 18, '07 at 10:43 am

Nice one Nick, thats great.

However, do note that any support needed for Mint running on IIS will be very limited.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 18, '07 at 01:37 pm

However, do note that any support needed for Mint running on IIS will be very limited.

Not “very limited”, unsupported. I do not have access to nor experience with IIS servers therefore I cannot test or offer support for Mint running on one.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 18, '07 at 05:21 pm

Not “very limited”, unsupported.

Limited in terms of other forum users who are running Mint on IIS. Official support is null, obviously. =)

If you had access to an IIS box would you be willing to consider experimenting with IIS support? (sorry to resurrect a dead thread, I have a virtual with your name on it if so)

Chris

To add er, edit, I followed the directions with Mint 2.1 and things are swimmingly grand. :-) I wish IIS could be supported but I understand the huge time donation required to do this, at least there is a work around.

The link to the forum post in the original post is now invalid and I don’t know if my server needs any changes to it’s php setup to get it to run or not.

I know IIS is not supported but if it just needs a few tweaks to get it going then I’m not adversed to doing it. I just don’t want to shell out for software that may not actually run.

So, if anyone running the latest version on IIS would like to give me a clue as to what PHP configuration/setup I might have to do to get it to work (that is not in the original blog post) I would be grateful.

If it helps, I can run right through the Server Compatibility Suite (once I’ve commented out the IIS check) - so guessing I probably won’t need to alter anything with my PHP setup. I also manage my domain using Plesk 8.1.

muyiwa
Mint-less
Posted on Feb 04, '09 at 11:17 pm

:-( the link at mrsimms.net doesnt work. Anyone have a lead on where I can find out how to workaround to get it to work on IIS?

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue