Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

Outclicks Pepper showing 'undefined'

Fenicle
Minted
Posted on Feb 18, '07 at 05:31 pm

I’ve been getting a lot of ‘undefined’ (/mint/undefined) hits in the Outclicks Pepper.

Is this normal?

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 19, '07 at 02:54 am

Its the 3rd most popular ‘outclick’ at Peppermint Tea. Not sure if it is normal or not, I’ve just been oblivious to it before now!

There used to be a fix for this, but the new forums hosed it. If anyone knows the trick, it’d be great to have shared again.

Sam Brown
Third-Party Pepper Developer
Posted on Feb 19, '07 at 03:43 pm

Are you referring to this thread on the old forum?

Outclicks - undefined results

fork
Minted
Posted on Feb 19, '07 at 10:08 pm

I have Mint 2.02 installed with various peppers. Everything works normally except Outclicks 1.14— it installs normally, and the title for the pane appears, but nothing shows up in the outclicks pane.

I also installed AdsenseClicks 1.01, which I understand is based on Outclicks, and that works as advertised but I’m more interested in general outclicks rather than adsense outclicks.

It appears from a limited Google search that outclicks is no longer being developed. Is that true?

Is there a different pepper that does something similar?

fork
Minted
Posted on Feb 20, '07 at 09:52 am

I removed AdsenseClicks and reinstalled OutClicks. Apparently there are two versions with the same version number. The hacked version apparently works with subdomains, and may require additional manual setup. I had installed the hacked version, not the original version. After installing the original version, it slowly began to work, though it seems inaccurate. It records clicks on images that have no link (by showing the image’s URL), sometimes it records internal links and sometimes the pane doesn’t refresh automatically unless you click on one of its tabs.

I write this so others who may encounter it are aware they may not be the only one experiencing this problem.

Fenicle
Minted
Posted on Feb 20, '07 at 09:32 pm

I’ve taken a screen grab to show how it is registering for me.

http://fenicle.com/outclicks.png

What is causing this? And how do I fix it?

I have mint 2.03 and outclicks 1.14

Fenicle, I’ve seen that on my site, too. If you click the thread Sam links to, there’s a couple fixes in there. Though the first fix apparently works in many setups (the replies below it confirm that), I applied the one all the way at the bottom as it’s more complete.

Give that a try, see if the undefined links stop.

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue