Login to download the latest version of Mint and your favorite Pepper, purchase additional licenses, or post in the Forum. Don't have an account? Create one!

In Partnership with Media Temple

Mint Forum

MySQL error with Real Estate Pepper

Hey guys, I just upgraded to Mint 2.06 and am having some troubles with it.

Initially I had this error readout:

MySQL Error (from Real Estate): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 2. (1064) Query: SELECT COUNT(window_width) AS total FROM mint_visit WHERE window_width >=

MySQL Error (from Real Estate): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 2. (1064) Query: SELECT COUNT(window_height) AS total FROM mint_visit WHERE window_height >=

I got rid of this error by deleting window width and the real estate pepper. And then I uploaded the newest version of real estate.

I also upgraded mint and all the new peppers including geomint.

But whatever the error is also it is also wipping out the backend/preferences section so I can’t install, or uninstall anything.

Thanks for the help.

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Apr 23, '07 at 11:19 am

It sounds like you might have a duplicate Pepper somewhere in your Pepper directory. Did you delete all the /peppername-old/ directories? Are you sure that you haven’t mistakenly uploaded the same Pepper in two different developer directories?

Easy fix! Thanks Shaun.

i’m also getting an sql error when install the real estate pepper although i don’t think this is the same issue as wess daniels’

when i install the real esate pepper, i get the following message at the top of my mint installation:

MySQL Error: ALTER command denied to user ‘obituaries’@’localhost’ for table ‘mint_visit’. (1142) Query: ALTER TABLE mint_visit ADD window_width SMALLINT(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘-1’, ADD INDEX (window_width), ADD window_height SMALLINT(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘-1’, ADD INDEX (window_height)

can anyone explain to me what this means?

does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Shaun Inman
Mint/Pepper Developer
Posted on Sep 13, '10 at 11:40 am

It means that your Mint database user does not have sufficient access privileges and is not allowed to ALTER tables (which is required when installing Pepper).

You must be logged in to reply. Login above or create an account

Hey there, I have officially suspended sales and support of Mint. The Create Account, Add License, Transfer License, and Contact forms have been disabled. Existing customers may continue to login and download Mint.

More info Continue